10 things about me
My dear friend Sarah from Loved By Hannah and Eli gave me this shirt on our girls trip to Palm Springs last month, where we met up to attend the Alt Summit. This shirt pretty much sums me up, “perfectly imperfect“, and I’m perfectly fine with that.
I thought it might be fun to do a “10 Things You Don’t Know About Me” post. I know most of you follow us on Instagram (@weestructed) and might have a good sense of who I am, but here’s a little glimpse behind the brand.
1. I’m terrified to fly. Like legit freaking TERRIFIED to fly. I do it but not often and honestly not without a cocktail or two or three or more…don’t judge.
2. I collect butterfly things. I have LOVED butterflies since I was a little girl. My entire teenage room and even my first adult apartment was covered in butterflies. They now hold an even bigger special meaning to me. Back in 2001, my dear cousin passed away before her 18th birthday (I was 20). She told me she was going to come back as a butterfly and if I ever felt sad or lonely or missed her to look around for a butterfly. Lets just say I do believe she kept her promise. During some of my darker times I’ve seen some very special butterflies watching over me. Thanks Nik for always looking after me.
3. I HATE celery with a burning passion, enough said. I can’t even type about celery, it makes me nauseous.
4. I collect vinyl with my husband. It’s a hobby we picked up when I was expecting Fletcher. We have a nice little collection built up from the last four years. I swear my husband always finds exactly what he’s looking for in the dollar bin and me… well lets just say my taste tends to be on the expensive side. My scores have been known to range from $30 to $100 (don’t judge it was a Tori Amos sealed original people). Our favorite local spot is Spindles Music Shack in Temecula.
5. I can’t cook to save my life….no joke if I didn’t have a crockpot my family would never eat. I’m the queen of easy crock pot meals. I have a slew of easy recipes I’ve perfected: salsa taco chicken, beans and pot roast, and everything in between.
6. My first real job was at Johnny Rockets where I was a hostess with the mostess. No really, I literally had to dance and sing twice an hour, which is pretty hilarious because I can’t sing and mama don’t dance. But they paid me a whopping $6.75 an hour to do both and seat people. Needless to say it was the best first job a girl could have. I loved working there and am so sad the Belmont location closed; I was a part of the crew who opened it.
7. I have mad crushes on both Adam Sandler and John Cusack…. yes my husband is well aware. I’ve been up front about my love for them both since we started dating; he’s cool with it.
8. I was a hairdresser pre-kids. I trained in Orange County under the amazing Janna Tipton and Vincent Vu of Triko Salon. I loved doing hair, especially color. There was always something so magical about making a woman feel amazing about herself. I left the salon in 2007 to become a mommy, and while I did maintain part part-time clients until about 2012, having three kids was enough to make me retire those shears and dryer for good. (No I don’t cut my kids hair it’s just not pleasant for either of us).
9. Fun fact: both of my boys are named after 80’s film and TV characters. Remington is named after “Remington Steel” (husband’s pick but I loved it). Fletcher is named after Chevy Chase’s movie “FLETCH”. I have a thing for the 80’s. My dear Lillian is named after the beautiful Lily flower of course.
10. I’m still obsessed with “My So-Called Life” I still hope and pray one day for its return; I need more Angela Chase and Jordan Catalano in my life. That show was life-changing.
So there’s 10 new (hopefully fun) facts about me and my perfectly imperfect self. I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about me and my quirky nature. I try to keep it light and real, because life is far too short to be fake. Don’t you think?