Expecting a baby is an exciting (and terrifying, nerve-wracking, emotional among other things) journey. Planing for said baby can be an overwhelming and stressful experience. You’re already trying to prepare to bring a tiny human into the world (and then raise him or her), and on top of that you’re supposed to figure out which baby things you need? Forget about it. That’s where we come in.
I learned a lot my first time around in terms of what we actually need and what need a million more of. I currently am Raising Gentlemen (boys) and am preparing to Raise a Lady. I feel more prepared this time around since we’ve been through it once but getting ready for (and shopping for!) a girl is a whole new ballgame. So I compiled a wish of list of things I’m hoping to pick up before she makes her big debut! These may not be “must haves,” but picking out the stuff you want (instead of need) is way more fun!
1. The Ollie World Ollie Swaddle- We swaddled the boys and I think it saved our lives on many occasions. We’ll probably still use some good ol’ Aden and Anais blankets this time around, but I have heard such good things about The Ollie Swaddle that I really want to give it a try with our little lady. I’ve been telling this baby every day that I’ll need her to get the hang of sleeping through the night much sooner than her big brothers did, so hopefully this helps (and she listens).
2. Perfectly Baked’s Fresh Outta the Oven Onesie- This little onesie is right up my alley! It tells it how it is and has cute little oven graphics to boot! Plus it’s made with 100% pima cotton, so I’m pretty sure my little lady’s fresh and sensitive skin needs this for her first few weeks in this world.
3. WeeStructed’s Exhausted Tiny Human Baby Gown- If this isn’t the truth, I’m not sure what is. I remember being amazed by how much the boys slept in a day (and am now kicking myself for not napping right along with them). I won’t have that luxury this time around, because #motherhood, but this WeeStructed Baby Gown needs to be mine, Well, hers.
4. Covered Goods Nursing Cover in Floral Mismatch- I’m not here to comment on the unnecessary controversy that is public breastfeeding, but this cover is multi-functional and long story short…I want it bad. It doubles as a car seat and shopping cart cover, so I’m thinking it’s too good to pass up. Not to mention how cute it is. Please.
Covered Goods is giving our awesome followers 15% off this week using code: weestructed ends 9/23/16 so hurry!!!
5. HipHipGifts Monthly Milestone Blanket- This is just a cute way to take monthly (or weekly) pictures of your little one. I captured these milestones with the boys via chalkboard, but I think personalized blanket from HipHipGifts is too cute to pass up.
6. Polka Dot Printshop Baby Book in Floral- Despite a lot of people telling me “you’ll never be caught up with a baby book”, I was successful in capturing the first year of the boys’ lives in their books and I’m SO glad I did. You won’t remember half of the blur that is that first year, so I’m glad I can look back on the details. This time around, I want something a little cuter and this book is calling my name for baby girl!
MARISSA ELLIS IS A WIFE, MOTHER OF TWO (SOON TO BE THREE), AND ALL AROUND AWESOME HUMAN BEING. SHE RESIDES IN DENVER, COLORADO.